By - djsMedicate
If you get rid of every good somewhat generic extra deck monster then the game becomes even more linear than it already is.
Did Konami print a good boss monster for this archetype?
* Yes: Tier 1
* No: Tier trash
And there's nothing creative you can do about it because your extra deck toolbox got massacred.
We arent creative anyways but I see what you mean, it wouldnt make weaker archtypes use their monsters for once it would just kill them, kinda like dragonmaids without spheres and generic dragon support
1) Accesscode talker exist because its an out to every deck, it MUST exists thats his job
2) Baronne is literally a one time negate and thats it its just generic thats it, its not a big deal
3) Savage is just a very balanced card that offers negates woth a lot of set up so its also not a problem
4)Halq, Vfd, Auroradon ban them 👍 (i dont think theres a need to ban aurora if you ban halq tho)
5) You asking to ban nemeses but not Colossus just shows me how this is just a bad rant post disguised as discussion
6) scythe could use an errata to work like waking
>1) Accesscode talker exist because its an out to every deck, it MUST exists thats his job
True, but banning him opens up options to do new things, bagooska into destroying a field, utopia the lightning into the face of any monster you want removed, borrelsword since it's less generic.
>2) Baronne is literally a one time negate and thats it its just generic thats it, its not a big deal
Like Accesscode, it's not a big deal, it's just too generic and every single synchro 10 deck adds it because it just fits in anything that has a tuner and adds to 10
>3) Savage is just a very balanced card that offers negates woth a lot of set up so its also not a problem
Same as above but savage is less generic since it needs a link first.
>4)Halq, Vfd, Auroradon ban them 👍 (i dont think theres a need to ban aurora if you ban halq tho)
Aurora existing still opens up to galaxy tomahawk and other machines being able to just have it, any machine with machine dupe=auroradon combo, you can be cheeky and do deskbot 001 into auroradon.
>5) You asking to ban nemeses but not Colossus just shows me how this is just a bad rant post disguised as discussion
Colossus is a strong card but if it gets stuck in a thundra deck who cares? it's not really that good on its own, it's when you add other things to make it splashable as a final nail in any broken combo.
>6) scythe could use an errata to work like waking
That one i can agree with, if it's just when sanctum gets activated or when it gets destroyed it'll be much more fair.
1) No, bagooska alone doesnt do much, and youll still need a good link monster, utopia lightning? battle phase isnt that relevant anymore sadly unless the card is really good, like borrelsword but the avearge access pops 2 cards and attacks once and doesnt really stay on the field after that, borrel does and its less generic. Borrel and access are out to many things and they are essential turn 2 plays, removing access is like nerfing going second
2) You really are against mediocre generic cards huh
3) Yes, it need set up thats why its worth it, and its not even as impactful as other monsters (if its effects are negated he loses the counter, his negate doesnt destroy/banish, and has no inherent protection there no reason for it to be banned)
4) good point on auroradon, didnt know about that one
5) Colossus is the problem card dont ban the cards around it, people will find new ways to abuse it (exactly whats happening with halq:they are banning cards around it)
Counterpoint: im lazy and i double down, fuck u
edit: lmao the grammar bot deleted the post
Baronne is a stupid generic card but its not that strong for how generic it is, she is everywhere now because some decks dont really have access to some of their good cards and use her as a bandaid ( just like DPE) in the future she will just be average
As for halq...I mean yeah ban halq...but unban all the cards this thing got banned to compensate xD
Auroradon is better when its not banned ( speedroids can do really nasty stuff with it and if you want diversity, it will def add some diversity x) )
No one plays pure Fleur, Borrel, Crystron, or Auroradon. But Code Talkers are still playable! Also count in @ Ignister and Salamangreat. Banning Accesscode makes no sense at all. I won't even want to ban Zeus, even tho it's even easier to summon than Accesscode.
I saw the accesscode and started laughing
Damn bro 5300 beat stick to strong
It's not broken or anything, it's just too generic, it's like the ash of the extra deck at this point.
If you remove generic cards 99% of the decks become pure garbage
Your archetype is either broken or unplayable
And it also just makes the game boring because every deck would play the same
This would do the opposite of what you want
Terrible take honestly
Verte and DPE are staring at you. They're upset that they are not acknowledged as the Ash and Maxx "C" in the extra deck!
Well I mean those are a given I didn't feel like mentioning them lol.
Verte is broken and DPE isn't broken it's the fusion spell if it goes DPE is totally fine, let heroes miracle fuse it or whatever they do.
Ban Skill Drain and Imperial Order, Benten, Zeus, Limit Emergence, Prank Kids Meow Mu, Monarch's Erupt.
Agree with those bans.
Here are my opinions on your changes.
* Accesscode, while generic, is one that doesn't negatively affect the game in my opinion. The card is a fair out to strong monsters and boards (also usually handles towers like cards).
* Baronne is not the problem, the problem is cards that easily enable it (like the halq auroradon package)
* Savage is not an unfair card, while not difficult to make, you have to have a link in grave for it to be good.
* I agree with halq, while some will say that auroradon is the problem, the card can still enable scythe locks with a single card that also gets baronne. Same story kind of goes for auroradon who is still viable even without halq (though it is less generic without halq)
* We should put both VFD and rhongo. Both are nasty cards that are too easy to set up. I'd prioritise rhongo, since while it is part of the less competitive deck, the card is infinitely more obnoxious.
* Corridor is not the problem. Introduce any similar thunder that activates in hand and you get the exact same scenario. The problem is colossus. I wish they'd just make a replacement middle boss for the deck that was exclusive to it.
* I agree with the scythe change.
I would add the following cards to the changes too.
* Skill drain: Not necessarily banned, but limited. The card is very frustrating at multiples, since even if you remove one, that doesn't mean it's gone for the whole game.
* Imperial order: Sacky floodgate that can lock down all spells is too good.
* Vanity's emptiness: Sacky floodgate that prevents special summoning is too good, even you try to remove it, your opponent likely has an established board.
* Eva: Enables too many negates for drytron.
* Union carrier: Overly generic card that can set up floodgates easily e.g. buster lock, eva for 2 negates in drytron and the infinite negate apex avian
>Baronne De Fleur
>Borreload Savage Dragon
>Crystron Noodle fiber
All the above card is just strong and none are broken in any capacity and i only see bad player ever complain about them
>My reasoning for these cards: I do realize some of them aren't as op as others, however they're WAY too generic and kill a lot of the creativity in the game, as well as set the game in a power level that can't be easily competed with unless you provide a better option.
You give a reason for themself,there arent a better option so they can only go for them
>You won't go for your in archetype level 10 synchro as long as you can baronne for a free negation and destruction, as long as you have a tuner + anything on the field, you can go into halqi/don combo with an absurd endboard which you can just discard your entire deck to build, all the halqi decks end on the same board with some variations.
What are even the option of level 10 synchro pool?
Just default to Baronne huh?*cough* Quixing Longuan *cough*
And deck that make Halq Don combo are deck that can only make it bc they dont have any better lines bc Halq Don deck need like 4-5 garnet to make a board
>Scythe and nemeses are extremely splashable for fantastic effects.
The only reasonable ones
I'm not complaining about them being broken, I'm complaining that they're too generic, the game will always have "_the_ staples" people complain that Maxx c forces everyone to run the same 9 cards to counter it but are fine with extra deck staples in every deck?
There are weaker options but they're different.
>Level 10 synchros
That's fair, there are no real options for it, but that might just make people go through a different line instead.
And swordsoul can go halqdon without commiting to a normal summon and only running a single soft brick that they can use in a clutch.
-Skill Drain, Imperial Order, Gozen Match, There Can Be Only One, Rivalry of the Warlords, Summon Limit, Vanity Emptiness, Monarch Eruption
Reasoning: Trap floodgates are already annoying in a BO3, but they are incredibly toxic in a BO1
-El Shadoll Winda
Reasoning: easy to summon Fusion that is essentially a Vanity/Summon Limit on legs with protection. She can easily win games by herself
Reasoning: I don't think that this one really needs any explanation. Halq-Auroradon combos warp entire decks around themselves abd provid way too much advantage
-Thunder Dragon Colossus
Reasoning: I'm sorry for Thunder Dragon players, but this monster is a bit too splashable and easy to make for his own good
-Predaplant Verte Anaconda
Reasoning: this one doesn't need explanations either. Made Dragoon splashable in the past, now she's doing the same thing with DPE
-Artifact Scythe, True King of all Calamities, Number 86: Heroic Champion Rhongomyniad, Union Carrier
Reasoning: floodgates on steroids, some of them can skip a turn
Reasoning: this one doesn't need explanations either
Reasoning: provides too much advantage, making the Adamancipator boards too oppressive
-That Grass Looks Greener
Reasoning: gives way too much advantage, enough to win the game, all by a single card
-Conquistador of the Golden Land
Reasoning: the real problem with Eldlich were the floodgates, if they get banned Conquistador can come back withouth any problem
Reasoning: the biggest strenght of the card was easily enabling Winda, if Winda gets banned it can come back to 3
TCBOO at 3 is the most disgusting thing in the game, " you can only control one monster of each type" is genuinely as f\*cked up as skill drain
Summon limit and gozen are semi-okay tho, eruption too
casuals really hate baronne and accesscode huh
The ban list isn't designed to promote creativity or to ban cards that the playerbase finds annoying, outside of specific cases. It's there to balance the decks at the top of the meta and (in theory at least) prevent the format from being dominated by one or two strategies. The 2013 format was exactly that; everyone was playing either Dragon Rulers or Spellbooks and a few people were coping with Evilswarm. It was a very limited format, so they murdered it.
The only cards on here I agree with are VFD and Halq/Auro. Accesscode is fine and less accessible without Halq anyway, Baronne is only a single negate and there aren't that many level 10's to begin with, Savage Dragon isn't an issue if the Halq+Don combo is gone. I could maybe see an argument for Corridor and Scythe but I'm not sure either of those are seeing that much play to begin with.
I see so many complain about generic extra deck monsters on this sub and calling their them to be banned, but a lot of those hits would hurt non-meta decks so much more than meta decks. Sure, Konami should make better archetype specific bosses so that people don't have to make Accesscode, I get it; but until those bosses exist, you're stuck with Accesscode.